2019 Shanghai Masters – Alexander Zverev vs Roger Federer Preview & Prediction
Where is Alexander Zverev vs Roger Federer taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Alexander Zverev vs Roger Federer on and what time does it start? Friday 11th October, 2019 not before 10:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Alexander Zverev vs Roger Federer? Cloudy, 24c
What channel is Alexander Zverev vs Roger Federer on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Alexander Zverev vs Roger Federer? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Alexander Zverev vs Roger Federer? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: Alexander Zverev beat Roger Federer 7-5, 7-6
- Alexander Zverev totally dominated an out-of-sorts Andrey Rublev to take the first set of their round of 16 match 6-0 but the Russian rallied to force a tie-break before losing the match in straight sets.
- Zverev will be immensely pleased to have come through his round of 16 match in under an hour and a half to reach the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters for the second successive year.
- The world number six will face one of the men he is trying to replace at the top of the tour in Roger Federer for a seventh time in his career, whom he beat in their previous encounter in the semi-finals of his title-winning ATP Finals campaign last year.
- Roger Federer was made to work for his round of 16 victory over an inspired David Goffin but he still managed to win the biggest points to come through in straight-sets.
- The 38-year-old will face Alexander Zverev in his sixth Shanghai Masters quarter-finals just weeks after partnering him in the Laver Cup in a win for Team Europe over Jack Sock and Denis Shapovalov.
- The world number three has three ATP titles this year, adding his customary Halle grass-court title to two hard-court tournament conquests in Dubai and Miami.
The head-to-head record between Roger Federer and Alexander Zverev is finely poised at 3-3 and this should be a fascinating match between the in-form German and the two-time former Shanghai champion Federer. We should see a full arena for the first time this tournament, which will add something to the atmosphere, but the vast majority will of course be supporting the Swiss and that will be something for Zverev to deal with. This is their first meeting this year, and their all-time record has swung in such a way that Federer has taken the lead three times before Zverev wins to level the score. With that in mind, as well as his resolute performance against Goffin, it’s Federer’s turn to win this encounter.