When is Skala vs IF taking place? Saturday 9th May, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Skala vs IF taking place? Undir Mýruhjalla, Skáli
What television channel is Skala vs IF on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Skala vs IF? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Skala vs IF? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Skala produced an improved overall performance in the 2019 Faroe Islands Premier League and will hope to kick-on once again as they aim to close the gap on the top four.
- Despite finishing sixth, they were 14 points behind both fourth and fifth place with improvements needed at home if they are to place more pressure on the teams above having managed just five victories on home soil last year.
- They will also be keen to find the back of the net more frequently having managed just 38 goals at an average of 1.41 per game but their defence was solid and they allowed just 32 goals all season, an average of just 1.19 per contest.
- IF had a season to forget on their return to the Premier League but they managed to avoid immediate relegation due to three reserve teams finishing in the top three of 1. deild but they have a mountain of work to improve on last season.
- IF earned just six points all season with only one of their 27 matches seeing them come away with the three points and having conceded a staggering 81 goals, it is not difficult to see where their troubles lie.
- Conceding three goals per game cannot continue this time around but they also need to find a way to hit the back of the net more frequently, particularly on the road where they managed just 11 goals from 14 matches, the joint-fewest in the league.
IF were only able to muster six points in the entire Faroe Islands
Premier League season in 2019 and they start this campaign on the back
of a 20-game winless run. They lost their final seven games of last term
and it will take a huge turnaround to avoid finishing bottom of the
table in 2020. They head to Skala for this opening contest and although
the visitors will hope to put last season’s horror show behind them as
soon as possible, the hosts should be able to claim the win here.