2019-20 UEFA Europa League – Wolfsburg vs Shakhtar Donetsk Preview & Prediction
When does Wolfsburg vs Shakhtar Donetsk kick off? Thursday 12th March, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Wolfsburg vs Shakhtar Donetsk being played? VOLKSWAGEN ARENA
What TV channel is Wolfsburg vs Shakhtar Donetsk on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Europa League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Wolfsburg vs Shakhtar Donetsk in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Wolfsburg vs Shakhtar Donetsk?
Shakhtar Donetsk – https://shakhtar.com/en/tickets/matches/
What was the score in the last meeting between Wolfsburg & Shakhtar Donetsk? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wolfsburg held second-placed RB Leipzig to a goalless draw in the Bundesliga on Saturday, extending their unbeaten run to eight games.
- Mbabu remains a doubt after missing Saturday's game so with William out long-term, Steffen is set to fill in at right-back again.
- Left-back Roussillon made his comeback from injury as a substitute at the weekend but Paulo Otavio has impressed in his absence.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Casteels; Steffen, Brooks, Knoche, Roussillon; Schlager, Arnold, Gerhardt; Mehmedi, Weghorst, Brekalo
Unavailable: Ignacio Camacho (Injured), William (Injured), Guilavogui (Injured)
Doubtful: Mbabu (Injured)
- Shakhtar Donetsk knocked out Portuguese giants Benfica in the last round and are way out in front in the Ukrainian Premier League.
- Coach Luis Castro has concerns in the midfield department with Stepanenko and Malysev ruled out and Alan Patrick a doubt.
- Winger Solomon is also ruled out through injury, so Kovalenko should be recalled after sitting out Sunday's league match.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Pyatov; Dodo, Kryvtsov, Matviyenko, Ismaily; Maycon, Alan Patrick; Marlos, Kovalenko, Taison; Junior Moraes
Unavailable: Solomon (Injured), Stepanenko (Injured), Malyshev (Injured)
Doubtful: Alan Patrick (Injured)
Both of these sides were involved in high-scoring ties in the last round and go into this meeting in good form. They also both possess prolific centre-forwards in their ranks and Shakhtar are not a team to sit back, as they proved against Benfica, so there should be a few goals here.