AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund Betting Preview & Prediction | 2023-24 UEFA Champions League | Group Stage
When is AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund on and what time does it start? AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund will take place on Tuesday 28th November, 2023 – 20:00 (UK)
Where can I get tickets for AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund? Visit each club’s official website for the latest ticket information
What channel is AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund on in the UK? AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund will be televised live on TNT Sports in the UK
Where can I stream AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund in the UK? AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund can be streamed live on the discovery+
A massive 2-1 victory over PSG in the Champions League last time out has put AC Milan in the qualification picture but they need another positive result here in order to stay in the mix heading into the final round of games in Group F.
Having kept Borussia Dortmund scoreless in the previous meeting between the two sides on Matchday 2, the Italian side should have the belief that they can get the better of the group leaders here.
After losing their Group F opener to PSG, Borussia Dortmund have picked up seven points from the last nine available in the group, with three consecutive clean sheets to speak of in the so-called 'Group of Death'.
The German side will secure their passage to the round of 16 should they win this match, and they would dearly love to get qualification sorted given that they face PSG in the final round of games.
THE TEAM NEWS
After collecting three yellow cards in AC Milan's Champions League campaign so far, Yusuf Musah will miss out here while he serves a one-match ban, so Rade Krunic is likely to start in the middle of the park.
Key attacker Rafael Leao is injured, as is summer signing Noah Okafor, with veteran striker Olivier Giroud expected to lead the line for the Rossoneri.
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Maignan; Calabria, Thiaw, Tomori, Hernández; Loftus-Cheek, Krunić, Reijnders; Chukwueze, Giroud, Pulišić
UNAVAILABLE: Sportiello (Injured), Caldara (Injured), Kalulu (Injured), Musah (Suspended), Rafael Leão (Injured), Okafor (Injured)
Forwards Karim Adeyemi and Sebastien Haller have both been suffering with illness of late and are doubtful to feature here, so Niclas Fullkrug, who has scored in Dortmund's last three games in all competitions, is likely to start up front.
Felix Nmecha and Julien Duranville are the only confirmed absentees in the Dortmund camp at the time of writing.
PREDICTED XI (4-2-3-1): Kobel; Ryerson, Hummels, Schlotterbeck, Bensebaini; Can, Sabitzer; Reus, Brandt, Malen; Füllkrug
UNAVAILABLE: Nmecha (Injured), Duranville (Injured)
QUESTIONABLE: Adeyemi (Injured), Haller (Injured)
THE KEY STATS
- Milan have lost only one of their last 15 UEFA club competition matches against German teams (W7 D7).
- Milan are unbeaten in their last ten UEFA club competition matches against German teams (W3 D7), since a 1-0 home defeat against Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League second group stage in March 2003.
- Milan have lost only one of their last six UEFA Champions League matches at home (W4 D1).
- Milan have lost only one of their last six UEFA Champions League group stage matches (W3 D2).
- Dortmund have lost only one of their last eight UEFA Champions League group stage matches (W3 D4).
- Dortmund have lost four of their last five UEFA club competition matches away from home against Italian teams (D1).
- Dortmund have not conceded a goal in their last three UEFA Champions League group stage matches.
This is a key match in the context of the group, with Dortmund able to book their spot in the knockout rounds while AC Milan are still very much in the mix themselves. The reverse fixture between the two sides was a closely-fought battle that ended all square, and it would be no surprise to see this one go the same way. With neither side wanting to give an inch to a qualification rival, expect a low-scoring encounter in Milan.
TIP: UNDER 2.5 GOALS