2019-20 Russian Premier League – Zenit vs Lokomotiv Moscow Preview & Prediction
When is Zenit vs Lokomotiv Moscow taking place? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Zenit vs Lokomotiv Moscow taking place? Saint-Petersburg Stadium
What television channel is Zenit vs Lokomotiv Moscow on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Zenit vs Lokomotiv Moscow? Russian Premier League matches are occasionally streamed on Bet365 while some matches are also streamed live on the official Russian Premier League Youtube channel
Where can I get tickets for Zenit vs Lokomotiv Moscow? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Zenit come into the second half of the season with a ten-point lead at the top of the table as they are firm favourites to defend their league title, but they know they face a tough test against Lokomotiv who are one of just two teams to have beaten them in the league this season.
- Zenit boss Sergei Semak has not delved into the transfer market in the winter break and has managed to keep all his players too so they will likely benefit from that continuity, but they may change things tactically from when they last played Lokomotiv.
- They are boosted by the return to fitness of Brazilian winger Malcolm and he is set to start in a 4-4-2 formation as he and Driussi will be tasked with supplying Azmoun and Dzyuba in attack.
- Lokomotiv ended the first half of the season in fifth place but just one point behind Krasnodar in second spot so they will be looking to kick on after the winter break though they face the toughest possible test in Saint Petersburg.
- They will take heart from the fact that they beat the leaders 1-0 on home turf earlier in the season but they have lost key forward Fedor Smolov who has joined Celta Vigo on loan until the end of the season and Luka Djordjevic is out for the rest of the season due to a knee injury.
- Aleksey Miranchuk will be asked to deputise in attack along with Eder and Krychowiak just behind them as they line-up in a 4-2-3-1 formation while they must also do without full-back Maciej Rybus who is suspended for this game.
Leaders Zenit resume their title challenge against Lokomotiv who are one of the two teams that have been able to beat them in the league so far this season. On home turf and with Lokomotiv without some key players, the hosts have to be favoured. They have Malcolm back fit again and the team is settled. The visitors on the other hand have seen their preparations disrupted by absentees and that will likely work against them. Their best chance will be to keep this low-scoring and try to frustrate Zenit, but the hosts should eventually be able to break them down and keep a clean sheet as well.