2019-20 Bundesliga – Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Saturday 23rd May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK
Where can I get tickets for Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Monchengladbach earned an eye-catching victory on the road at Eintracht Frankfurt last week and were able to leapfrog RB Leipzig into third spot as they kept their title hopes alive.
- Gladbach wasted no time on their return to action as Alassane Plea opened the scoring within the first minute of the match before Marcus Thuram doubled the lead in the seventh minute with Ramy Bensebaini adding a third from the spot in the second half although they did concede in the final 10 minutes.
- Despite last week’s impressive win, Gladbach will be hoping that they will not be forced into altering their starting XI after goalscorer Thuram was forced to leave the field with a knock last week.
- Bayer Leverkusen carried on where they left off before the Bundesliga was temporarily suspended as they swept Werder Bremen aside to keep the pressure on the top four but this shapes as a crucial contest for them as they travel to one of their rivals.
- Kai Havertz scored either side of a Bremen effort before Mitchell Weiser and Kerem Demirbay wrapped up the win with goals in the second half as Leverkusen scored four goals for the second game in succession.
- They are now unbeaten in their last six Bundesliga matches and will be full of confident ahead of this trip and they could be boosted by the return of Kevin Volland, Lars Bender and Wendell with the trio all in with a shout of proving their fitness.
Borussia Monchengladbach host Bayer Leverkusen in what should be an
enthralling contest between two attack-minded teams challenging for the
top four. Gladbach have only lost two games on home soil in the
Bundesliga so far this season while Leverkusen have been solid on the
road with them coming into this in good form. This game could go either
way but expect plenty of intent from both teams and with so much
attacking talent on show, it is likely that there will be goals at