2019-20 Bundesliga 2 – Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV Preview & Prediction
When does Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV kick off? Friday 13th March, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV being played? Sportpark Ronhof Thomas Sommer
What TV channel is Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga 2 matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV?
Hamburger SV – https://shop.hsv.de/tickets/auswaertsspiele/
What was the score in the last meeting between Greuther Furth & Hamburger SV? Hamburger SV 2-0 Greuther Furth
THE TEAM NEWS
- Greuther Furth are unbeaten in three games after drawing 1-1 at Holstein Kiel last Sunday and can close the gap on the top three with victory on Friday.
- Midfielder Ernst, who has been on the scoresheet in the last two games, is suspended after collecting his fifth booking of the season at Kiel.
- His suspension adds to a lengthy list of injuries, with right-back Sauer the latest concern after coming off with a knock at Kiel.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Burchert; Sauer, Bauer, Caligiuri, Raum; Sarpei, Seguin; Hrgota, Tillman, Redondo; Nielsen
Unavailable: Green (Injured), Mavraj (Injured), Keita-Ruel (Injured), Leweling (Injured), Stefaniak (Injured), Wittek (Injured), Ernst (Suspended)
Doubtful: Sauer (Injured), Meyerhofer (Injured)
- Hamburger SV bounced back from successive defeats with a 2-1 win at home to Jahn Regensburg last Saturday, which kept them three points clear in third place.
- Coach Hecking switched to a diamond system against Regensburg and also started without an out-and-out striker as Hinterseer dropped to the bench.
- Centre-back Jung is available again after suspension but Hecking is likely to stick with the back four that started the last game.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Daniel Heuer; Beyer, Letschert, Van Drongelen, Leibold; Fein; Moritz, Schaub; Hunt; Harnik, Jatta
Unavailable: Vagnoman (Injured), Gyamerah (Injured), Dudziak (Injured), Ewerton (Injured)
Only leaders Arminia Bielefeld have scored more goals in Bundesliga 2 than Hamburger SV this season, but Hecking's men have not managed a clean sheet on the road since August. Furth have failed to score in just one of their last eight at home, so there should be goals for both teams in this one.