2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women taking place? Tuesday 12th November, 2019 – 09:30 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women taking place? W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women? 31c in sunny skies
What television channel is Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers Women beat Sydney Thunder Women by 7 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
PERTH SCORCHERS WOMEN
- Perth Scorchers made it back-to-back victories for the first time in this season’s Women’s Big Bash League as they held off Sydney Thunder in a result that was made all the sweeter having lost both of their in-form openers for six runs apiece.
- Amy Jones and Meg Lanning were both dismissed early in the innings which left the Scorchers on 23/2 but they recovered well thanks to solid knocks from Natalie Sciver and Georgia Redmayne before Heather Graham’s 33* from just 20 balls at the end of the innings.
- The Scorchers made 151/5 and it was Graham once again who was the star with the ball, picking up figures of 3-22 to help her side defend their total and grab a seven-run win.
SYDNEY THUNDER WOMEN
- Sydney Thunder failed to end their losing streak against Perth Scorchers and it now stands at five matches after they were unable to chase down the total that had been set in a relatively tight contest in Adelaide.
- The Thunder got off to a great start in their quest to maintain their lead at the top of the ladder but having removed their opponents’ opening pair cheaply, they failed to kick-on and the Scorchers were allowed to make 151.
- Having made a decent start to their response, they looked in a solid position to reel the target in at 105/2 with just over five overs remaining but a flurry of wickets followed to cost them momentum and they were unable to recover sufficiently enough as they fell seven runs short.
Perth Scorchers enjoy playing Sydney Thunder and will relish facing them for the second time in quick succession here having made it five wins in a row with victory in their last game. The Scorchers have struggled for consistency in this competition and will hope this can be the turning point for them but must back it up here. The Thunder surrendered their unbeaten run and their place at the top of the ladder with that defeat and things look set to get worse for them here with the Scorchers able to win again.