When does Aston Villa vs Leicester kick off? Tuesday 28th January, 2020 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Aston Villa vs Leicester being played? Villa Park
What TV channel is Aston Villa vs Leicester on in the UK? Sky Sports Football
Where can I stream Aston Villa vs Leicester in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Aston Villa vs Leicester?
THE TEAM NEWS
- Aston Villa picked up a morale-boosting win last time out against Watford to ease their relegation worries, but their attentions can now turn to the League Cup second leg against Leicester after a 1-1 first leg draw.
- Boss Dean Smith is able to count on new signing Samatta for this game although they will need to assess his fitness due to not having played since Boxing Day thanks to the winter break in Belgium.
- With Samatta likely to be used as a substitute at some stage, the likelihood is that Smith names something close to his strongest line-up for this game with a place in the final up for grabs.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Reina; Konsa, Mings, Hause; Guilbert, Drinkwater, Douglas Luiz, Targett; Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Grealish
Unavailable: Steer (Injured), McGinn (Injured), Davis (Injured), Heaton (Injured), Wesley (Injured)
Doubtful: Samatta (Injured)
- Leicester come into this League Cup second leg off the back of an FA Cup fourth round win over Brentford at the weekend so confidence is returning to Brendan Rodgers' side.
- Rodgers rotated his squad significantly for that match against Brentford and there is every chance that he will revert to something close to his strongest starting eleven for this crunch clash.
- Jamie Vardy is a major injury doubt due to his hamstring problem and his availability is not expected to be known until shortly before kick-off when they will give him a fitness test.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Schmeichel; Ricardo Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell; Ndidi; Ayoze Perez, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy
Unavailable: James (Injured), Mendy (Injured), Amartey (Injured)
Doubtful: Vardy (Injured)
The first leg ended 1-1 between these two teams and this return match promises to be just as closely fought. Aston Villa's matches at home have contained plenty of goals this season and this second leg has all the hallmarks of another entertaining game with goals at both ends of the pitch.