2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Ryan Searle vs Robbie King Preview & Prediction
When is Ryan Searle vs Robbie King taking place? Tuesday 17th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Ryan Searle vs Robbie King taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Ryan Searle vs Robbie King on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Ryan Searle vs Robbie King? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Ryan Searle vs Robbie King? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? N/A
- Ryan Searle reached the last 16 on his World Championship debut last year where he lost to eventual runner-up Michael Smith, it was a run which included a notable victory against the number seven seed Mensur Suljovic.
- Searle has not really pushed on since his good showing here last year, and comes into the tournament having lost 11 of his last 13 matches.
- His experience in major ranking tournaments has also been very limited in 2019 with early exits at the UK Open and recent Players Championship Finals where he lost out in a last leg decider against Danny Noppert in round one.
- Australia’s Robbie King is making his PDC World Championship debut having qualified courtesy of winning the DPA Oceanic Masters title in October.
- He has tasted further success on the DPA tour with some additional tournament wins in 2019 so he does have the confidence of winning under his belt, even if at a lower level than the PDC tour.
- King made his TV debut earlier this year at the Melbourne Darts Masters where he lost in the first round 6-2 to Rob Cross with a lowly average of 77.13.
To see our predictions for the rest of Tuesday afternoon’s session, click on the links below:
Although Searle is in poor form ahead of the tournament, he does have the edge in terms of experience and good memories of this venue due to his run to the last 16 last year where his victims included Mensur Suljovic and William O’Connor. It is unknown how King will settle in on his World Championship debut but he might just lack the ability to pressure Searle sufficiently if the Englishman has a slow start and the prediction is for Searle to take the spot in round two.