2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Rowby-John Rodriguez vs Noel Malicdem Preview & Prediction
When is Rowby-John Rodriguez vs Noel Malicdem taking place? Tuesday 17th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Rowby-John Rodriguez vs Noel Malicdem taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Rowby-John Rodriguez vs Noel Malicdem on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Rowby-John Rodriguez vs Noel Malicdem? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rowby-John Rodriguez vs Noel Malicdem? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? N/A
- Rowby-John Rodriguez is appearing at the PDC World Championship for the fifth time having made his tournament debut at the age of 20 back in December 2014.
- His first round win last year against Ricky Evans was his first success on the Alexandra Palace stage, though he went on to lose in a deciding set against Cristo Reyes in the next round. That was the second time in succession he had exited the World Championship in a last set decider.
- No longer eligible for the PDC Development tour, Rodriguez has been playing solely on the main PDC tour this season and a run to the quarter-finals at the Austrian Darts Open in September has been the only significant run the young Austrian has had in a ranking tournament in 2019.
- Noel Malicdem is returning to Alexandra Palace for the second consecutive year having reached the second round on his debut last year when he defeated Jeffrey de Graaf before losing to Kyle Anderson.
- The score of 3-1 against Anderson does not really show how competitive Malicdem was throughout the contest – he was averaging in the mid to high 90’s for the majority of the match before his average dipped below 93 in the final set.
- He earned his spot at the 2019/20 World Championship through the Asian Tour Order of Merit and although he didn’t finish top of the rankings, his tour average in 2019 of 92.98 was just over three points higher than that of any other player.
To see our predictions for the rest of Tuesday afternoon’s session, click on the links below:
Rowby-John Rodriguez has not hit the heights that he potentially looked capable of doing when he emerged on the tour and he needs to somehow re-ignite his career. The young Austrian has it all to do if he is to reach round two as he faces the very capable Noel Malicdem who has impressed again on the Asian Tour this year. Malicdem should be too consistent and have too much belief for Rodriguez and he is tipped to make it through to round two.