2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Cristo Reyes vs Lourence Ilagan Preview & Prediction
When is Cristo Reyes vs Lourence Ilagan taking place? Tuesday 17th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Cristo Reyes vs Lourence Ilagan taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Cristo Reyes vs Lourence Ilagan on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Cristo Reyes vs Lourence Ilagan? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Cristo Reyes vs Lourence Ilagan? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? N/A
- Cristo Reyes is making his sixth appearance at the PDC World Championship, having been an ever-present after reaching the last 16 as a virtual unknown player five years ago.
- His debut year at the World Championship remains his best showing at the tournament, though his best performance in a match came in December 2016 when he lost 4-2 to Michael van Gerwen in the second round despite having an average of 106.07.
- Reyes’ impressive first couple of seasons on tour saw him break into the top 32 on the PDC Order of Merit and he has been seeded as high as 26 at the World Championship, but in the last two years a downturn in form has seen him slip down the rankings.
- A World Cup of Darts representative for the Philippines, Lourence Ilagan earned his spot in the tournament having finished at the top of the PDC Asian Tour Order of Merit in a season where he won three tournaments and recorded a nine-dart finish.
- Ilagan has appeared at the PDC World Championship on three previous occasions, though has yet to have a good run in the tournament with his only win being in a preliminary round match against Jamie Lewis seven years ago.
- His 3-1 defeat against Vincent van der Voort in round one last year was much closer than the scoreline suggests. After scores were level at 1-1, Ilagan missed a dart to win the third set and four darts to win the fourth set.
To see our predictions for the rest of Tuesday afternoon’s session, click on the links below:
Cristo Reyes will have hoped for a kinder draw as he aims to try and recapture some of the form that saw him reach the top 32 in the PDC Order of Merit. Ilagan is a very capable player whose confidence is likely to be high following his success on the PDC Asian Tour in 2019 and the fact he is used to winning matches whereas Reyes has been struggling could be key resulting in a place for Ilagan in round two.