2019 Mzansi Super League – Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat taking place? Wednesday 4th December, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat taking place? Boland Park, Paarl
What is the expected weather for Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat? 28c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Paarl Rocks come into their penultimate match of the group phase in good form having won four of their last five games and they know that a victory here will seal their place in the knockout round of the tournament.
- On Sunday they inflicted Jozi Stars’ seventh successive defeat in the tournament but they had to get work hard in chasing down their total of 171/3 and that was made even harder when Henry Davids was out first ball but they had Sibonelo Makhanya to thank with his unbeaten 63 from 47 balls which guided them home.
- They will need an improved performance from their bowlers as well as their top order batsmen for this match against Durban Heat while they will hope South African all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius is available despite suffering a minor fracture in his right hand.
- Durban Heat have given themselves a chance of getting back in contention for a top three place after winning their last two matches against Cape Town Blitz and Nelson Mandela Bay Giants as they have chased down targets of 174 and 182 in impression fashion.
- The batting is clicking into gear at just the right time as Wihan Lubbe continues to smash the ball to all parts and comes off a knock of 31 from just 11 balls, while Alex Hales and David Miller are finding some form along with Dane Vilas.
- The team is relatively settled right now so changes are highly unlikely and although talented young fast bowler Marco Jansen has proved expensive going for 105 from his 10 overs with just one wicket to show for it, he should keep his place in the starting line-up.
This match could well be a shootout in Paarl as batting is clearly the strongest suit for both teams and this should be a high-scoring track. Paarl have the greater momentum with them but Durban Heat should not be underestimated and they have great experience in their ranks. Miller, Vilas, Lubbe and Hales are all finding some form and they will fancy their chances of a third consecutive win. The Rocks however have the edge with their bowling unit led by spin duo Shamsi and Fortuin that may just make the difference.