2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Saturday 25th January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat? 23c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Stars beat Brisbane Heat by 22 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- After only losing once from their first 11 matches to start BBL|09, Melbourne Stars are now in danger of losing three matches in a row to end the round robin stage after they were defeated by Adelaide Strikers last time out.
- Chasing 163 to win, the Stars left themselves with plenty to do late in their innings and despite giving it a good go, they lost three wickets in the final three overs which disrupted their momentum as they fell 11 runs short.
- The Stars have signed bowler Dilbar Hussain as a replacement for Haris Rauf who is away on international duty with Pakistan and he will come straight into the squad along with Nathan Coulter-Nile who returns but there is no place for Hilton Cartwright who is injured.
- Brisbane Heat suffered a third consecutive loss as they were on the end of a heavy loss against Sydney Sixers and they have it all to do if they are to progress to the finals although their fate remains in their own hands.
- After a big struggle with the bat, the Heat were thankful to James Pattinson’s late 27* from 15 balls to help them reach 126/8 but that was never likely to be enough and the Sixers only lost two wickets in reply as Brisbane were defeated by eight wickets.
- If the Heat win their final two matches of the round robin, it would mean that they will finish in at least fifth place which would be enough for a spot in the finals but they will need a better all-round performance in this game and they could include Jack Prestwidge to boost their bowling options.
Brisbane Heat need to win both of their final games of the round robin to qualify for the finals but even one win may give them a chance. The first of those two games comes against Melbourne Stars who will top the ladder heading into the finals. Despite that, the Stars have lost their last two matches and will be keen to avoid a third straight loss. They were not far off in their last game and should be able to bounce back to make the Heat sweat on their place in the finals.