2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Friday 20th December, 2019 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers? 24c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers on? Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers? Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rangpur Rangers beat Khulna Tigers by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers come into this clash with Rangpur as the only team with a 100% winning record although they have only played two matches against Chattogram Challengers and Rajshahi Royals.
- They have chased down totals in both matches played so far with relative ease having lost only seven wickets combined in the two games with Mushfiqur Rahim, Rilee Rossouw and Rahmanullah Gurbaz in excellent form.
- They are likely to field the same set of players for this match given how well they are playing, though it would be no surprise if they rotated some of their local bowlers to support Frylinck and Mohammad Amir.
- Rangpur Rangers have not lost all three matches played so far and they desperately need a win to snap this run and not lose any more ground in the race for the play-off places even at this early stage of the tournament.
- The batting has been their weakness so far in the tournament but they did show some improvement last time out as Mohammad Shahzad hit a swashbuckling 61 from 27 balls and they posted a solid total of 181/8 batting first.
- The bowling attack failed to defend that however as they are proving to be far too expensive other than Mohammad Nabi and talented young local pace bowler Mukidul Islam, so they have to make big improvements there and Lewis Gregory may find his position under threat from Cameron Delport who may be available after Mzansi Super League duty.
Rangpur Rangers already look set to struggle in this campaign after losing all three matches and there are so many holes within their team. Khulna Tigers on the other hand look solid based on their opening two games and they will be confident of picking up a win here. Their batting is producing the goods, while the bowling attack has a couple of standout performers that will make it hard for the Rangers’ below-par batting line-up. There is every chance that the Tigers could inflict a fourth defeat in a row for the Rangpur side here.