Where is Benoit Paire vs Marin Cilic taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Benoit Paire vs Marin Cilic on and what time does it start? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – 02:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Benoit Paire vs Marin Cilic? Mostly cloudy, 27c
What channel is Benoit Paire vs Marin Cilic on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Benoit Paire vs Marin Cilic in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Benoit Paire vs Marin Cilic? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Benoit Paire vs Marin Cilic? Marin Cilic beat Benoit Paire 6-3, 6-4
- A superb performance in the fifth and final deciding set by Benoit Paire ensured that the 21st seed progressed to the second round of the Australian Open after he was given a scare by Cedrik-Marcel Stebe.
- Paire looked sure to advance but was beaten in fourth set tie-break and despite suffering that setback, he produced some of his best tennis of the match to whitewash his opponent in the decider.
- The Frenchman faces a tough test in this second round as he faces Marin Cilic and he has not defeated the Croatian since 2013 in what was his only victory over the man who stands in his way of a spot in the third round.
- Marin Cilic secured a comfortable passage through to the second round of the Australian Open as he claimed a straight-sets victory over Corentin Moutet with Cilic looking at ease throughout the contest.
- Cilic has suffered a slide down the world rankings since making it to a career-high of number three in the world at the start of 2018 and he will be looking to defeat the 21st seed in this second-round match to aid an ascent back up the rankings.
- The Croatian has faced Paire five times in his career to date and has come out on top in four of those matches with Cilic managing to win their last four clashes which should stand him in good stead here.
Benoit Paire was made to work hard for his first round win at the Australian Open and now faces a very difficult second round clash as he faces Marin Cilic. The Croat looked good in his first round win and will be confident of another victory here after defeating the Frenchman in their last four meetings. Paire will not go away without a fight but Cilic is likely to extend his winning streak over his opponent to five matches.