2019 Shanghai Masters – Pablo Carreno Busta vs Dominic Thiem Preview & Prediction
Where is Pablo Carreno Busta vs Dominic Thiem taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Pablo Carreno Busta vs Dominic Thiem on and what time does it start? Wednesday 7th October, 2019 - not before 12:50 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Pablo Carreno Busta vs Dominic Thiem? Mostly sunny, 22c
What channel is Pablo Carreno Busta vs Dominic Thiem on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Pablo Carreno Busta vs Dominic Thiem? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Pablo Carreno Busta vs Dominic Thiem? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: Dominic Thiem beat Pablo Carreno Busta 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
PABLO CARRENO BUSTA
- Pablo Carreno Busta came through the qualifiers with ease at the Shanghai Masters before beating China’s Zhang Ze in three sets in the first round.
- The Spaniard lost in the first round at the Japan Open last week after capitulating against David Goffin from a set up, but he won his previous tournament at the Chengdu Open and he looks in great shape here.
- The world number 37 won his first match at this tournament with his victory over Kyle Edmund but will have to beat Dominic Thiem for the first time too if he wants to progress further.
- World number five Dominic Thiem received a bye to the second round of the Shanghai Masters and comes in off the back of a title-winning campaign at the China Open.
- The Austrian has lost his first matches at the Shanghai Masters on his last two visits, and to much lower-ranked competition in the form of Victor Troicki and Matthew Ebden.
- Thiem has beaten Pablo Carreno Busta a total of five times out five in their previous meetings, including twice on hard courts at the ATP Finals in 2017 and the 2016 US Open.
Pablo Carreno Busta has reached as far as 10th in the ATP world rankings and can go under the radar at times, with his skill sometimes outweighing his mentality. Dominic Thiem comes into this tournament in great form, but also has a tendency to falter in early rounds when is the favourite? This has happened at his previous two Shanghai Masters, and Carreno Busta is a better player than those who beat him in 2017 and 2018. For want of a result, this should go to a decider.