Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille Preview & Prediction | 2023-24 UEFA Europa League | Knockout Round Play-Off
When is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille on and what time does it start? Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille will take place on Thursday 15th February, 2024 – 17:45 (UK)
Where can I get tickets for Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille? Visit each club’s official website for the latest ticket information
What channel is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille on in the UK? Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille will be televised on TNT Sports in the UK
Where can I stream Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille in the UK? Shakhtar Donetsk vs Marseille can be streamed live on discovery+
THE KEY STATS
- This is Shakhtar Donetsk’s 100th match in UEFA Cup/Europa League history (qualifying included).
- Shakhtar Donetsk won both their previous meetings against Marseille (2-0 home and 2-1 away UEFA Cup quarter-final tie in 2008/09).
- Shakhtar Donetsk have lost only three of their last 15 UEFA club competition matches against French teams (W7 D5).
- Shakhtar Donetsk have only failed to score in one of their last 17 UEFA club competition matches.
- This is Marseille’s first UEFA Europa League knockout phase match since their 3-0 loss against Atlético de Madrid in the 2017/18 final.
- Marseille have lost only two of their previous eight European matches this season (W4 D2).
- Marseille are without a win in their last five UEFA club competition matches against Ukrainian teams (D3 L2).
This match is being played in the neutral venue of the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg due to the ongoing war in Ukraine. Shakhtar Donetsk have not played competitive football since mid-December due to the Ukrainian Premier League's winter break. They now face an Olympique de Marseille side that have returned from the French winter break in unconvincing form. Gennaro Gattuso's side were held to a 1-1 draw by a poor Metz team at the weekend. That means they have won just two of their last nine matches across all competitions. These are two front foot teams that play a proactive style of football so goals should be expected in this first-leg.
TIP: OVER 2.5 GOALS