When is Colombia vs Peru taking place? Monday 21st June, 2021 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Colombia vs Peru taking place? Estádio Olímpico Pedro Ludovico Teixeira, Goiânia
Where can I get tickets for Colombia vs Peru? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information
What television channel is Colombia vs Peru on in the UK? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Colombia vs Peru in the UK? This match can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Reinaldo Rueda’s reign reads relatively well on paper but his record remains rather questionable in reality. Their opening match victory over Ecuador was backed up by a goalless draw against a Venezuela side majorly affected by some positive cases of COVID-19 in the squad.
- The defensive solidity of back-to-back clean sheets means that the Colombians will remain in the hunt throughout the tournament because if they can shut teams out they can remain in every match. However, other than a wonderful set-piece routine finished off by Edwin Cardona against Ecuador, they are yet to score.
- The cure to that could be the introduction of the Atalanta duo Duvan Zapata and Luis Muriel. The prolific goal scorers in Serie A both started the first match on the bench before being started in the second. However, they didn’t quite get up and running - that shouldn’t take too long.
- Peru reached the final of the 2019 Copa America to be defeated by Brazil and their competitors in that final thrashed them in their opening group match of this one. A surprising 4-0 win saw a late collapse with two goals coming after the 88th minute due to Petru pushing on.
- The consequence of their easy-on-the-eye and relatively intense style of play is games like that. Potential thrashings. However, they will continue to play their own way and, with Christian Cueva in midfield, they will be confident of dominating possession against a fairly reactive Colombia team.
- Despite losing 4-0, Peru will likely remain unchanged with stalwarts Cueva and Yotun playing alongside Celta’s Renato Tapia. The key threat for Peru will be Andre Carrillo and Gianluca Lapadula in the likely forward line.
Neither side have necessarily begun the tournament ‘on fire. Colombia have four points in two matches as opposed to Peru’s zero in one. However, Colombia’s lack of attacking cohesion would suggest Peru are more than capable of taking something from the match. However, that surprisingly heavy defeat to Brazil has potentially curbed the attacking expectations. This match seems likely to be a draw as it suits Colombia and helps Peru get up and running.