2020 Lanka Premier League – Colombo Kings vs Dambulla Viiking Preview & Prediction
When is Colombo Kings vs Dambulla Viiking taking place? Tuesday 1st December, 2020 – 10:00 (UK)
Where is Colombo Kings vs Dambulla Viiking taking place? MRIC Stadium, Hambantota, Sri Lanka
Where can I get tickets for Colombo Kings vs Dambulla Viiking? No tickets are available as this tournament is taking place without spectators
What channel is Colombo Kings vs Dambulla Viiking on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Colombo Kings vs Dambulla Viiking? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
- Colombo’s start of two wins from two has emphasised their status as one of the two main favourites, alongside Kandy, for the inaugural LPL title so confidence within the ranks is high right now.
- An opening-day win in which the Kings came back from a hefty deficit with only a few overs to go to tie against Kandy and then win in the super-over highlighted an impressive batting line-up and they went on to smash an enormous 96 in a shortened five-over win against Galle.
- The pounding that Dushmantha Chameera has taken in both matches will be a concern for Colombo but an Andre Russell-led powerful line-up will certainly overshadow the bowling worries.
- Dambulla’s opening day victory over Kandy can be reasonably described as fortunate as a rain-affected result where the decisive Tuskers’ third wicket fell just six balls before the curtailment and allowed Dambulla to jump ahead via the Duckworth-Lewis method.
- Doubts around that win were backed up after they were thrashed by Jaffna Stallions as they conceded over 200 and being bowled out for just over 150 represented a tough day at the office for them.
- A weak bowling line-up that was fortunate to avoid exploitation on the opening day but was demolished against Jaffna will be bailed out on the odd occasion by the impressive strength and depth of the top and middle order but they do need to improve notably with the ball.
The fairly weak bowling line-up of Dambulla coming up against what seems to be the strongest batting line-up leads to the inevitable conclusion that a comfortable Colombo win is just a formality. The Viikings might be able to hit the heights of a 200+ score on their day, especially against Colombo, but that doesn’t gloss over the fact their line-up remains unpredictable and wildly inconsistent. Both sides’ strength is in the batting but one side has a lot more quality all-round and a high-scoring Colombo victory is heavily favoured here.