2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder? 22c in mostly sunny skies with a smattering of clouds
What television channel is Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Stars beat Sydney Thunder by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne Stars continued their impressive start to their Big Bash League campaign as they made it five wins from six with their third victory in a row as they proved too good for Melbourne Renegades.
- A strong bowling performance from the likes of Dale Steyn, Adam Zampa and Nepalese youngster Sandeep Lamichhane helped restrict the Renegades to 142/9 and Marcus Stoinis’ controlled 68 from 55 deliveries helped his side on the way to an eight-wicket win.
- Despite that knock, Stoinis made the headlines for all the wrong reasons as he directed a homophobic slur at Kane Richardson and somehow escaped with just a fine so he will be available for selection but Steyn has dropped out of the squad.
- Sydney Thunder lost for the second game in succession but will feel aggrieved at the elements as their clash with Brisbane Heat was hampered by the weather and they fell to defeat under the D/L method.
- Heat managed just eight overs but were able to smash 119/4 as the Thunder bowling unit failed to deal with an onslaught from Tom Banton and with their reply reduced to just five overs, the Sydney side failed to reach their revised target of 77.
- They were only able to make 60/4 as they suffered a 14-run loss and they could make changes on the back of that loss with Jonathan Cook and Nathan McAndrew coming in to the 13-man squad.
Melbourne Stars will be hoping that they can overcome some off-field controversy to maintain their winning run. The spotlight will be on Marcus Stoinis after he avoided a ban for a homophobic slur during his side’s last game with that decision raising some questions in itself. His side have been brilliant so far and have lost just one of their opening six matches and they are likely to improve their record in this game.