2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Sunday 22nd December, 2019 – 03:45 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Ted Summerton Reserve, Moe
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes? 26c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Stars beat Hobart Hurricanes by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne Stars got their BBL|09 campaign off to an excellent start as they beat Brisbane Heat after batting first and scoring 167/7 with their bowling able to defend that total and win the game by 22 runs.
- They will likely field the same team coming into this match as Nathan Coulter-Nile continues to nurse the ankle injury he sustained in training on the eve of the first match while Dale Steyn was hoping to be available for this game but misses out once again.
- Haris Rauf was an emergency replacement for Steyn and he performed extremely well in the opening match with the bowling unit proving key in that game and Rauf along with the impressive Worrall and spin duo Zampa and Lamichhane form a strong attack and they are suitably well rounded to perform to the unknown conditions in Moe.
- The Hurricanes picked up a victory in their opening match in a low-scoring affair with Sydney Sixers on Friday as they posted what seemed to be a low total in 129/9 when batting first but defending it and bowled the Sixers out for just 104.
- D’Arcy Short was the key man as has so often be the case in the BBL as he hit a half century in the opening game but they will be looking for greater contributions from the likes of McDermott, Miller and Bailey in a game that will surely see more runs.
- They are expected to name the same team for this game and they will look to their bowling unit to continue their excellent form after Riley Meredith conceded just 10 from his four overs and Qais Ahmad took 4/12 from his four.
The Stars and Hurricanes both picked up victories in their opening matches and will be looking to follow that up here but the pitch conditions in Moe are widely unknown. Both teams have well-rounded bowling attacks but it is the Stars batting line-up that has the marginal edge based on the opening matches. Glenn Maxwell looked in imperious form in that opening game and he looks to have returned to action in top form. He can inspire another win for the Stars win what should be another close game in Moe.