2019-20 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 08:40 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder? 21c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Thunder beat Adelaide Strikers by 3 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Adelaide Strikers ended the round robin stage of BBL|09 in third spot on the ladder but fell to defeat in their final game with that defeat costing them second place and a potential second chance in the finals.
- The Strikers struggled with the ball as Matthew Wade took the game to them with a sensational knock of 130* to help Hobart Hurricanes to 217/1 and although Adelaide gave the chase a good go, they fell 10 runs short.
- Despite that defeat in their last game, the Strikers have seen no reason to alter their squad from that contest and could in fact retain the same XI as they aim to setup a contest with Melbourne Stars.
- Sydney Thunder managed to sneak into the finals of the Big Bash League but they took full advantage of their spot in their first game as they were able to overcome Hobart Hurricanes thanks to a classy, all-round display.
- Openers Usman Khawaja and Alex Hales continued their strong form as they combined for 103 with the pair each notching half-centuries to help the Thunder to 197/5 and that total proved insurmountable.
- The solid effort with the bat was backed up with the ball as they removed the Hurricanes for 140 for a 57-run win and after such a good performance in that game, any changes to their side would come as a surprise.
Sydney Thunder showed how dangerous they can be despite being inconsistent during the round robin stage of BBL|09. They were far too good for Hobart Hurricanes in their opening contest of the finals but must back that up in what is another difficult challenge as they travel to Adelaide Strikers. Both teams have the ability to advance from this matchup but the Thunder will be on a high after their magnificent win against the Hurricanes and if Usman Khawaja and Alex Hales can maintain their strong form, the Thunder will prove difficult to beat.