2019-20 NBA – San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers Preview & Pick
When is San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Wednesday 5th February, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers on? TNT, Spectrum Sportsnet, SN1
Where can I stream San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? San Antonio Spurs 104 – 114 Los Angeles Lakers
THE TEAM NEWS
SAN ANTONIO SPURS
- The Spurs began their annual Rodeo Trip – this year it will be a nine-game stretch of consecutive away games – with a loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday night. San Antonio are the Conference’s second-worst away team with an 8-15 record and own a 22-27 mark overall. They are vying for a playoff berth, but this prolonged road trip could effectively make or break their season.
- Head coach Gregg Popovich shouldn’t have absentees ahead of this contest since the Spurs report a clean bill of health. As such, they should repeat the same starting unit that faced the Clippers: Dejounte Murray, Bryn Forbes, DeMar DeRozan, Trey Lyles and LaMarcus Aldridge.
- DeMar DeRozan might not have cracked the All-Star Game, but there’s no question he was deserving of a nod given how good he has been playing this season. The former Toronto Raptors star is currently shooting a career-high 53.6 percent from the field, and he is also averaging 5.6 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers entered their last game off back-to-back losses but dispatched the Sacramento Kings 129-113 to record their first win since the tragic passing of Kobe Bryant. The franchise sits at 3-2 in their last five games and they remain at the top of the Western Conference with a 37-11 mark.
- DeMarcus Cousins remains ruled out for the Lakers although he believes he could feature during the playoffs if eligible. Anthony Davis and Alex Caruso are both questionable entering this matchup, but both should be able to play here.
- Undoubtedly, LeBron James is the player to watch for the Lakers here. The star forward has been thriving as a point guard in 2019-20, and he currently leads the league in assists with 10.7 dimes per game. He is also scoring 25.0 points per contest.
The Spurs should be tired since this will be the second game of a back-to-back set that also included the Clippers, and fatigue could come into play given their current schedule. However, even without those factors there is no question the Lakers are the better side and will be listed as favourites ahead of this home contest. The Lakers own a 16-6 record at home this season, but they should be able to secure the win here.