2019-20 NBA – Los Angeles Clippers @ Los Angeles Lakers Preview & Pick
When is Los Angeles Clippers @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Thursday 26th December, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Clippers @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Los Angeles Clippers @ Los Angeles Lakers on? ESPN, ABC
Where can I stream Los Angeles Clippers @ Los Angeles Lakers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, WatchESPN
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Clippers @ Los Angeles Lakers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Clippers 112 – 102 Los Angeles Lakers
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers are coming off a 118-112 loss against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday, and that loss was their third over their last five games. However, the team still own the second-best record in the West with a 22-10 mark.
- Kawhi Leonard missed Sunday’s game against the Thunder due to rest, but he should be good to go entering this contest. Patrick Beverley has been dealing with a groin injury and, at the time of writing, he is questionable for this matchup.
- Keep an eye on Kawhi Leonard here, as the small forward should be available for this contest and he is averaging 25.5 points, 7.8 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game. In the previous contests against the Lakers, the reigning NBA Finals MVP chipped in with 30 points, six rebounds and five assists.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers currently sit at the top of the Western Conference standings with a 24-6 record, although they are coming off a 128-104 loss against the Denver Nuggets. That result extended their losing run to three games, and now they own a 2-3 mark over their last five games.
- LeBron James did not play against the Denver Nuggets, but he is expected to return in time for this matchup. Kyle Kuzma and Anthony Davis both featured against the Nuggets and should be available here, while DeMarcus Cousins is out for the season with an ACL injury.
- Despite missing the game against Denver, LeBron is the player to watch here since he is averaging 25.8 points, 10.6 assists and 7.5 rebounds per game this season. In the previous meeting against the Clippers, “The King” finished with 18 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists.
It’s safe to say neither of these teams enter this matchup on a good run of form given their recent results, but the presence of star players such as LeBron James, Paul George, Anthony Davis and Kawhi Leonard should make this game one of the most anticipated matchups during the regular-season schedule. The Lakers are the better team and look far more in sync compared to the Clippers despite the fact the latter team won the previous matchup between both sides. Expect the Lakers to take revenge and win here.