2019-20 NBA – Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers Preview & Pick
When is Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Thursday 30th January, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Moda Center
What channel is Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers on? NBC Sports Northwest, AT&T Sportsnet Southwest, ESPN
Where can I stream Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, NBC Sports App, WatchESPN
Where can I get tickets for Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Houston Rockets 107 – 117 Portland Trail Blazers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Rockets are coming off a 126-117 win over the Utah Jazz and that victory pushed Houston back to winning ways after they lost to the Denver Nuggets days ago. Despite the positive result here, Houston have posted a 2-3 mark in their last five games, so they still have work to do in sixth place of the West standings with a 29-17 record.
- James Harden and Clint Capela missed Monday’s tilt against the Jazz and both players should be listed as questionable ahead of this contest. Nene Hilario and Gerald Green remain ruled out as long-term absences, while Russell Westbrook, who received rest Monday, should return to the starting unit here.
- Westbrook should be the player to watch here for the Rockets. The star point guard might be in line for a bigger workload if James Harden is ruled out once again, and he is averaging 33.8 points per game over his last six starts.
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- The Trail Blazers claimed a 139-129 win over the Indiana Pacers the last time out but they have gone 2-3 in their last five games in what has been an inconsistent run of form of late. Owners of a 20-27 record this season, Portland currently sit in 10th place of the Western Conference standings.
- Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins and Skal Labissiere have all been ruled out for this contest, meaning Portland’s depth on the frontcourt should be considerably depleted. Shooting guard Rodney Hood has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2019-20 season.
- Damian Lillard is Portland’s best player and main scoring threat, but Hassan Whiteside could be in line for a monster game if Clint Capela ends up missing this contest. He’s coming off a 21-point, 14-rebound performance and is currently averaging 15.6 points, 14.0 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 1.2 assists in 30.7 minutes per game through 43 appearances.
The Rockets appear to be the better team on paper, but they could be seriously depleted as they might enter this game without some of their key players like James Harden and Clint Capela. The Blazers are healthier and Damian Lillard is playing at a stellar level in recent weeks, so that should boost Portland’s chances of earning a win here. Everything will depend on whether the Rockets will have James Harden available or not, but Houston should be considered as slight favourites.