When is New Zealand vs Ireland taking place? Saturday 19th October, 2019 – 11:15 (UK)
Where is New Zealand vs Ireland taking place? Ajinomoto Stadium, Tokyo
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs Ireland? Rainy, 20c
What television channel is New Zealand vs Ireland on? This match will be televised live on ITV and this schedule should tell you which channel it is on
Where can I stream New Zealand vs Ireland? This match can be streamed via the ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand vs Ireland? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between New Zealand and Ireland? Ireland 16-9 New Zealand
THE TEAM NEWS
- New Zealand were prevented the chance to progress to the last eight with a 100% record as their clash with Italy fell foul of the weather but they may appreciate not having to play that game which has allowed them to focus solely on this quarter-final clash with Ireland.
- After lots of rotation throughout the pool stage, the All Blacks are expected to select Sonny Bill Williams in the centres after he impressed in their game against Canada but competition for places throughout the team is fierce.
- Whichever team head coach Steve Hansen selects, the bench is sure to be littered with plenty of stars who can change the game and this could be where the All Blacks are too strong with their strength in depth proving to be an embarrassment of riches.
- Ireland secured their place in the quarter-finals with a comfortable victory over Samoa but had to overcome a first half red card in that contest which they will hope has not taken too much out of the tank despite the one-sided scoreline.
- Bundee Aki will have to overcome a citing to play here after the Irish centre was sent off against Samoa for a dangerous tackle and although he is expected to fight whatever charge comes his way, he looks to be in doubt to feature in this game.
- If Aki is unavailable, Ireland will go with two of Robbie Henshaw, Chris Farrell and Garry Ringrose in the centres with one of the latter two expected to miss out following Henshaw’s recent return from injury.
Ireland will have to overcome New Zealand in the quarter-finals of the RWC if they are to achieve their best finish at the tournament. The three-time winners are chasing a third consecutive title and although they lost to the Irish the last time they met and will have that in mind in the build-up to this game, they should be too good. Ireland are capable of pushing them close and even winning but beating them at a RWC is a different proposition and the All Blacks will take some beating.