2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Bayern Munich vs Olympiacos Preview & Prediction
When does Bayern Munich vs Olympiacos kick off? Wednesday 6th November, 2019 – 17:55 (UK)
Where is Bayern Munich vs Olympiacos being played? Allianz Arena
What TV channel is Bayern Munich vs Olympiacos on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Bayern Munich vs Olympiacos in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Bayern Munich vs Olympiacos?
Bayern Munich – https://tickets.fcbayern.com/internetverkauf/EventList.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Bayern Munich & Olympiacos? Olympiacos 2-3 Bayern Munich
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayern Munich parted company with coach Niko Kovac on Sunday evening following their 5-1 defeat at Eintracht Frankfurt, their biggest in the Bundesliga in 10 years.
- Assistant coach Hansi Flick will take charge of the team for this game and Saturday's crucial league match against Borussia Dortmund, and he has no new injury issues to deal with.
- Youngster Alphonso Davies was deployed in an unfamilar left-back role against Frankfurt, with David Alaba in the centre of defence, but that is unlikely to be repeated.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Kimmich, Pavard, Boateng, Alaba; Tolisso, Thiago Alcantara; Gnabry, Philippe Coutinho, Coman; Lewandowski
Unavailable: Arp (Injured), Sule (Injured), Hernandez (Injured)
- Olympiacos are top of the Greek Super League but they are winless in their last 11 Champions League group games, losing nine of them.
- Aside from long-term absentees Lazaros Christodoulopoulos, Konstantinos Fortounis and Pape Abou Cisse, coach Pedro Martins has a fully fit squad.
- Yassine Meriah is likely to be recalled at centre-back ahead of veteran Avraam Papadopoulos, while Valbuena will surely return to the starting line-up after missing the reverse fixture.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Jose Sa; Elabdellaoui, Ruben Semedo, Meriah, Tsimikas; Guilherme, Camara, Bouchalakis; Valbuena, El-Arabi, Daniel Podence
Unavailable: Christodoulopoulos (Injured), Fortounis (Injured), Cisse (Injured)
Bayern may be having problems domestically but they have looked good in the Champions League so far. They are clear favourites to win this one but they are without a clean sheet in seven games in all competitions, so Olympiacos should be fancied to nick a goal at least.