Where is Naomi Osaka vs Zheng Saisai taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Naomi Osaka vs Zheng Saisai on and what time does it start? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Naomi Osaka vs Zheng Saisai? Mostly cloudy, 26c
What channel is Naomi Osaka vs Zheng Saisai on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Naomi Osaka vs Zheng Saisai in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Naomi Osaka vs Zheng Saisai? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Naomi Osaka and Zheng Saisai? Naomi Osaka beat Zheng Saisai 6-4, 7-6
- Naomi Osaka got the defence of her Australian Open crown off to a decent start as she overcame Marie Bouzkova in straight sets and she will be confident of further progression in this game against Zheng Saisai.
- Chasing what would be a third Grand Slam title, the 22-year-old from Japan proved too good for Bouzkova and showed her capabilities on hard courts which followed a solid showing at the Brisbane International in which she reached the semi-finals.
- The world number four has only failed to progress beyond the second round in one of her previous four appearances in Melbourne and will not want to relinquish her title at this early stage.
- Zheng Saisai produced a solid display as she defeated Anna Kalinskaya in straight sets and will compete in the second round of the Australian Open for just the second time in her career.
- The 25-year old proved too good for her Russian opponent but now faces a much tougher challenge as she comes up against number three seed and defending champion Naomi Osaka.
- Saisai has only faced Osaka twice in her career so far and despite losing in their last clash at the 2016 Madrid Masters, Saisai won their only contest that was played on hard courts in the previous year.
Reigning champion Naomi Osaka got the defence of her title off to a strong start as she overcame Marie Bouzkova with little drama. That win in straight sets should lay a good platform for her as she attempts to navigate this second-round clash with Zheng Saisai. Osaka is likely to face a tougher test here but Saisai is unlikely to have enough to overcome the defending champion in what should be another win in straight sets.