2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – La Rochelle vs Exeter Chiefs Preview & Prediction
When is La Rochelle vs Exeter Chiefs taking place? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is La Rochelle vs Exeter Chiefs taking place? Stade Marcel Deflandre, La Rochelle
What is the expected weather for La Rochelle vs Exeter Chiefs? Partly cloudy, 10c
What television channel is La Rochelle vs Exeter Chiefs on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream La Rochelle vs Exeter Chiefs? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for La Rochelle vs Exeter Chiefs? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between La Rochelle and Exeter Chiefs? Exeter Chiefs 41-17 La Rochelle
THE TEAM NEWS
- La Rochelle have lost more games than they have won in the Top 14 so far this season after their weekend defeat to Lyon though they are only two points from fifth place, where they qualified for the Champions Cup from last season.
- The French side come into this game as underdogs and will need their big pack to win the breakdown if they are to come out on top, though they will take some comfort knowing they are so far unbeaten at home this season.
- La Rochelle will be targeting their home games and likely the away fixture at Sale Sharks as their best opportunities to escape a tough looking Pool 2.
- Exeter Chiefs will travel to France for this Champions Cup tie on the back of a narrow Premiership loss to South-West rivals Bristol Bears in their latest outing.
- The Chiefs blew a 17-0 lead in that game in quite the capitulation but they could be boosted by the return of winger Jack Nowell who was a replacement against the Bears.
- Exeter just missed out on the quarter-finals of last season's Champions Cup as they came second to Munster in their group but were 10th in the overall standings, five points from Glasgow in the last spot.
Exeter will be out to atone for their capitulation against Bristol as they allowed the Bears to score 20 unanswered points to fall to a disappointing defeat. They head to France as Pool 2's big guns to face La Rochelle and they should be able to return to winning ways to right the wrongs of the loss to Bristol.