2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Connacht vs Montpellier Preview & Prediction
When is Connacht vs Montpellier taking place? Sunday 17th November, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Connacht vs Montpellier taking place? The Sportsground, Galway
What is the expected weather for Connacht vs Montpellier? Partly cloudy, 7c
What television channel is Connacht vs Montpellier on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Connacht vs Montpellier? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Connacht vs Montpellier? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Connacht and Montpellier? Connacht 20-10 Montpellier
THE TEAM NEWS
- Connacht lost just their second Pro 14 game of the season as they were on the end of a heavy defeat at home to fellow Champions Cup competitors Leinster.
- The Irish outfit are struggling with injuries and could be light in the second-row with Sean O'Brien and Ultan Dillane big doubts and both create huge gaps to fill.
- Coannacht are one of the smaller teams in the European Champions Cup in terms of capacity at The Sportsground but they are yet to lose at home this season and fans there can make it a hostile place to play.
- Montpellier were held to their second draw of the Top 14 season as they shared the spoils with Toulon in their last contest and they currently sit in mid-table, on joint 19 points with the French champions Toulouse.
- Montpellier are also grouped with Toulouse in Pool 5 as they get their Champions Cup campaign underway but they will have to do so without Aaron Cruden, who has now left after he provided some resilience to their stretched squad during the Rugby World Cup.
- The South-France side just squeezed into the Champions Cup qualification as they finished 6th in the Top 14 last year and they have it all to do in a tough but intriguing Pool 5.
Connacht would usually be confident on home soil but they face something of an injury crisis in the second-row ahead of this game with Montpellier. That will make it a closer contest than it may have been had they been at full strength and the visiting side should be able to come out on top to make Pool 5 an interesting contest straight away.