2020 Belarusian Premier League – Slutsk vs Energetik-BGU Preview & Prediction
When is Slutsk vs Energetik-BGU taking place? Friday 8th May, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Slutsk vs Energetik-BGU taking place? City Stadium, Slutsk
What television channel is Slutsk vs Energetik-BGU on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Slutsk vs Energetik-BGU? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Slutsk vs Energetik-BGU? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Slutsk’s superb start to the Belarusian Premier League season continued as they earned another impressive victory which came in the form of a 1-2 win on the road at Dinamo Minsk last weekend.
- Dramane Salou gave Slutsk a first half lead thanks to a superb effort from distance before Abdoul Gafar doubled the visitors’ lead not long into the second half and despite Dinamo pulling one back in the final five minutes, Slutsk held on for the win.
- That success was Slutsk’s fifth win from seven games to begin the campaign and they will hope to maintain their spot at the top of the table as they host Energetik-BGU but they could be without Evgeni Velko who suffered a knock against Dinamo.
- Engergetik-BGU ended their three-match run without scoring a goal which has resulted in three consecutive defeats as they earned a win on the road at Smolevichi in their latest outing.
- In a game they were expected to win despite lacking confidence following their recent poor form, David Tweh’s strike inside the first 20 minutes of the game helped to settle the nerves but they did not put the game to bed until deep into stoppage time thanks to Jasurbek Yaxshiboev’s penalty.
- Both teams ended the game a man down thanks to a red card apiece inside the final 10 minutes and Aleksandr Svirepa will now be missing for this clash following his dismissal for two bookings.
Slutsk could not have imagined they would have been able to start the campaign so well but they top the table after seven rounds of fixtures having lost just one match. They were impressive winners once again last weekend as they picked up all three points on the road at Dinamo Minsk as they made it five games unbeaten. They now host Energetik-BGU who ended their three-match losing streak last week but this a much tougher task for the visitors and Slutsk should prove too good for them.