2019-20 Spanish Copa del Rey – Mirandes vs Real Sociedad Preview & Prediction
When is Mirandes vs Real Sociedad taking place? Wednesday 4th March, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Mirandes vs Real Sociedad taking place? Estadio Municipal de Anduva
What television channel is Mirandes vs Real Sociedad on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Mirandes vs Real Sociedad? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Mirandes vs Real Sociedad? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mirandes trail by one goal in this tie after a 2-1 loss in the first leg and are without a win in six matches in all competitions, although they did draw four of them including Sunday’s meeting with Girona.
- Striker Matheus Aias is almost certain to start having come off the bench and scored for the second game running against Girona and the Brazilian has also netted six goals in as many games in the Copa del Rey this season, including one in the first leg.
- Winger Joaquin Munoz is the only definite absentee for coach Andoni Iraola while on-loan trio Martin Merquelanz, Jon Guridi and Modibo Sagnan could all feature against their parent club, with the former expected to recover from the shoulder injury that has kept him out of the last few games.
- Real Sociedad made it eight wins from nine games in all competitions with a 1-0 success at home to Real Valladolid on Friday, and they are unbeaten in their last 10 Copa del Rey matches as they bid to reach the final for the first time since 1988.
- Winger Ander Barrenetxea returned to action against Valladolid having missed the last two games and will be hoping to add to his tally of three goals and two assists in the cup this season, which would mean a rest for either Mikel Oyarzabal or Adnan Januzaj.
- Experienced midfielders Asier Illarramendi and David Zurutuza remain sidelined along with centre-back Diego Llorente, while the competition’s top goalscorer Alexander Isak is likely to get the nod over Willian Jose up front again.
Mirandes have already knocked out three La Liga sides at home in the Copa del Rey this season so this will certainly not be a stroll for Real Sociedad, who only have a one-goal cushion from the first leg. The second-division side and their fans will look to make life uncomfortable for Sociedad but they have not actually recorded a clean sheet at home in this competition since 2012. Both teams could do with an early goal in this game and the visitors have been hitting the net regularly in recent months, so a high-scoring contest is on the cards.