2019-20 German DFB-Pokal – Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim Preview & Prediction
When does Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim kick off? Wednesday 5th February, 2020 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim being played? Allianz Arena
What TV channel is Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim in the UK? Bet365 have the rights to some DFB-Pokal games so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim?
Bayern Munich - https://fcbayern.com/en/tickets
Hoffenheim - https://www.achtzehn99.de/tickets/online-kaufen/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayern Munich reclaimed top spot in the Bundesliga with a 3-1 win at Mainz on Saturday and are also bidding to defend their crown in the DFB-Pokal.
- Having named an unchanged line-up at the weekend, coach Flick is almost certain to rotate, with Gnabry, Coutinho and January signing Odriozola all poised to start.
- Perisic has been ruled out after breaking his ankle in training on Tuesday but Flick has confirmed that defender Hernandez will return to the squad for the first time since October.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Neuer; Odriozola, Pavard, Alaba, Davies; Kimmich, Tolisso, Goretzka; Gnabry, Lewandowski, Coutinho
Unavailable: Javi Martinez (Injured), Sule (Injured), Coman (Injured), Perisic (Injured)
- Hoffenheim are in the last 16 of the DFB-Pokal for the first time since 2015 and travel to Munich on the back of two straight wins in the league.
- Adamyan will face a late fitness test after picking up a knock during Saturday’s win over Bayer Leverkusen, while deadline-day signing Bruun Larsen is set to make his debut.
- Geiger, Belfodil and first-choice goalkeeper Baumann remain sidelined but the likes of Bebou and Grillitsch are options for coach Schreuder should he choose to rotate.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Pentke; Posch, Akpoguma, Hubner, Skov; Grillitsch, Rudy, Baumgartner; Kaderabek, Kramaric, Dabbur
Unavailable: Geiger (Injured), Belfodil (Injured), Baumann (Injured)
Doubtful: Adamyan (Injured)
Hoffenheim pulled off an upset at Bayern in October but the league and cup double winners have got their mojo back since then, winning their last seven games in all competitions. They have also lost just one of their last 18 DFB-Pokal matches at home, so it is unlikely that the visitors will repeat their trick.