2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Kim Huybrechts vs Luke Humphries Preview & Prediction
When is Kim Huybrechts vs Luke Humphries taking place? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Kim Huybrechts vs Luke Humphries taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Kim Huybrechts vs Luke Humphries on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Kim Huybrechts vs Luke Humphries? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Kim Huybrechts vs Luke Humphries? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Luke Humphries beat Kim Huybrechts 6-5
- Kim Huybrechts followed up his win against Rob Cross by defeating Dutchman Danny Noppert 4-2 to reach the last 16 at the PDC World Championship for the first time in three years.
- Huybrechts was in excellent form on the doubles against Noppert, finishing the match with a checkout percentage of over 50% for the second match in a row.
- His last two appearances in the last 16 at the PDC World Championship both ended in defeat against Phil Taylor. The only time he has reached the quarter-finals here was on his debut eight years ago.
- Luke Humphries defeated Germany’s Nico Kurz 4-2 in the last 32 to make it through to the last 16 at Alexandra Palace for the second consecutive year.
- Humphries hit eight 180s against his German opponent to take his tournament total to 21 – seven more than he scored in his opening three matches at the 2018-19 PDC World Championship.
- It was at this stage of the tournament 12 months ago that Humphries really served noticed of his talent when he produced a huge upset by defeating the defending champion Rob Cross 4-2.
A place in the quarter-finals and a guaranteed pay-cheque of £50,000 awaits the winner of this match between two unseeded players. This is not new ground for either player, though it is Humphries who has the most recent experience of a good run at this tournament and going by his performances 12 months ago it is no massive surprise he has had a good showing again. Huybrechts came into this tournament on the back of a poor couple of years, and as well as he has done so far, he may need to improve further if he is to reach the quarter-finals. Humphries to win is the prediction.