When is Auckland Aces vs Otago Volts taking place? Thursday 19th December, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Auckland Aces vs Otago Volts taking place? University Oval, Dunedin
What is the expected weather for Auckland Aces vs Otago Volts? 18c with a growing chance of showers as the day progresses
What channel is Auckland Aces vs Otago Volts on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Auckland Aces vs Otago Volts? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Auckland Aces vs Otago Volts? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a slow start to this edition of the Super Smash for Auckland Aces as they lost their opening match to Otago Volts and then their second game was rained off against Canterbury Kings who were 72/1 from eight overs when play was abandoned.
- They will be eager to bounce back and pick up their first win of the tournament at the third time of asking and that means they will have to overcome the Volts who beat them by 13 runs last week after smashing 210/6 from their 20 overs.
- They are forced into making one change to their squad for this game as fast bowler Kyle Jamieson has been called up to the Blackcaps test squad to face Australia so he is replaced by Ross ter Braak in what is another strong squad named by the Aces.
- Otago Volts have made a flying start to the Super Smash as they have won both of their opening two matches and it has been their sensational batting that has laid the foundations for victory, hitting 210/6 and 198/9 when batting first in both games.
- Their batting line-up has been in great form so far with two fifties registered along with another five scores of 32 or more so they have several players that have started the campaign in good nick.
- Nathan Smith took 5/14 from 3.4 overs last time out which takes his tally to seven wickets in the opening two matches so he will be key to their hopes and they will likely name an unchanged team for this rematch with the Aces.
Contrasting starts for these two teams as the Aces have laboured in their opening two matches with just two points from a washed out game while the Volts have been in superb form in winning both of their games. The Otago outfit are difficult to oppose right now given how well their batting line-up is playing but the Aces will be motivated to raise their game here. They have some stars in their ranks and the likes of Guptill, Munro and Anderson will be fired up to lead them to their first win of the campaign in what should be another shootout.