When is England Women vs India Women taking place? Thursday 5th March, 2020 – 04:00 (UK)
Where is England Women vs India Women taking place? Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
What is the expected weather for England Women vs India Women? 23c but heavy winds and rain are expected
What channel is England Women vs India Women on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England Women vs India Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for England Women vs India Women? Ticket information for all ICC Women’s T20 World Cup matches here
THE TEAM NEWS
- England finished second in Group B after South Africa's contest with West Indies was washed out meaning the Proteas earned the point they needed to finish at the top of the pile.
- England secured their place in the final four with an impressive display against the Windies in their previous game as they racked up 143/5 continued her fine form with a score of 57, her third half-century in her four games so far.
- With 202 runs, Sciver is the top run-scorer at the tournament and England captain Heather Knight is second on the list with 193 and if that pair can remain at the crease, they will give their side a great chance of progressing to their second successive final.
- India will compete in their second consecutive Women’s T20 World Cup semi-final but will be hoping to go one better than they managed last time around with a victory in this contest seeing them progress to their first ever final in the tournament.
- With top spot in Group A still up for grabs, India earned their fourth straight victory of the tournament to ensure they progressed as winners with a 100% record as they proved too good for Sri Lanka.
- Teen sensation Shafali Verma hit 47 from 34 balls to take her tally for the tournament to 161 and her efforts so far have been backed up by Poonam Yadav who has taken more wickets than anybody else in the competition with nine.
Both England and India will believe that they can progress to the final of the Women’s T20 World Cup. They meet in this semi-final in what should be a thrilling contest that could go down to the wire if the rain holds off. The pair boast some of the standout performers of the tournament so far and the game could be decided by which of those turn up on the day. India have been very impressive so far but they could meet their match against England whose greater experience throughout their side should see them edge this. India have the comfort however of knowing that if this match is rained off as the forecast suggests it may, they will progress to the final as group winners.