2020 NFL Wild Card Play-Offs – Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills Preview & Pick
When is Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills taking place? Saturday 9th January, 2021 – 18:05 (UK)
Where is Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills taking place? Bills Stadium, Orchard Park
What is the expected weather for Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills? 1c, partly cloudy
What channel is Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills? If televised on Sky, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can also stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Buffalo Bills 5-37 Indianapolis Colts
THE TEAM NEWS
- Indianapolis Colts earned the win they needed to secure their play-off berth but they were edged out in the race for the AFC South title as Tennessee Titans secured a late victory over Houston Texans.
- The Colts finished on 11-5 during the regular season thanks to overcoming Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 17 but their failure to win the division now means they face a tough trip to Buffalo Bills.
- With four wins from their last five matches, the Colts will be confident of causing an upset here but they are likely to rely heavily on rookie RB Jonathan Taylor who has contributed 11 rushing TDs so far this season.
- Buffalo Bills clinched the #2 seed in the AFC as they produced a dominant performance against Miami Dolphins to earn their third blowout win in succession to end the regular season with six consecutive victories.
- The Bills scored 56 points in the huge win and their offense has now scored at least 26 points in each of their last eight matches with QB Josh Allen’s form seeing him come into the conversation for MVP.
- Not only do the Bills boast a good offense but their defense has also performed consistently in the build-up to the post-season and they have allowed just an average of just over 18 points per game in their last six contests.
Buffalo Bills will firmly believe that they can have a tilt at the Super Bowl and they look like an outfit that other play-off teams will want to avoid owing to their recent form. They have won their last six matches and have been impressive in doing so, winning by an average margin of just under 20 points per game across those matches. Their offense has really clicked into gear and Josh Allen looks more than capable of leading his team deep into the post-season. They take on Indianapolis Colts in this Wild Card contest and while the Colts won just two fewer games during the regular season, they are likely to struggle on both sides of the ball against their opponents here. Their defense looks set to have particular trouble limiting the Bills’ offense having conceded just over 26 points per game across their past seven matches and with Buffalo losing just one home match all season, home-field advantage should be crucial here with the Bills able to advance as well as covering the -6 spread.