When is France vs Tonga taking place? Sunday 6th October, 2019 – 08:45 (UK)
Where is France vs Tonga taking place? Kumamoto Stadium, Kumamoto City
What is the expected weather for France vs Tonga? 19c with showers expected during the game
What television channel is France vs Tonga on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream France vs Tonga? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for France vs Tonga? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: France 38-18 Tonga
THE TEAM NEWS
- France made it back-to-back wins to begin their RWC campaign but they needed some late tries to see off the United States with a bonus-point victory and they will need to improve ahead of their crucial game with England that follows this clash with Tonga.
- The performance by the French against the USA was extremely underwhelming and big changes have been made following that effort with a new combination named at fly-half and scrum-half for the third consecutive game.
- Romain Ntamack and Baptiste Serin are the men to take on those important places in a side that contains 11 changes to the team that faced the USA with Camille Chat, Paul Gabrillagues, Sofiane Gitoune and Alivereti Raka the only men to retain their places.
- Tonga were blown away early on against Argentina and could not recover from their slow start as they suffered another defeat although they did show some good resolve to keep the Pumas scoreless in the second half.
- The Tongans once again struggled with ball-in-hand and although they were expected to make some tweaks to their side to find ways of scoring more points, they have kept faith with their playmakers.
- Just two changes have been made to the starting XV against Argentina with Cooper Vuna rewarded for a strong display from the bench in that game and he will start on the wing in place of Viliami Lolohea. whilst Ma’afu Fia will replace Ben Tameifuna at tight-head.
France are perhaps lucky to be sitting with two wins to their name after they got out of jail with some late tries sealing their win over the USA. That followed a poor second-half against Argentina with the French yet to hit their straps and that could result in a low-scoring game here. Tonga have struggled to score points in this tournament whilst France have named a new pairing in the halves for the third straight game in a bid to improve their own attacking deficiencies and they should be too good for the Tongans, though it may not be a convincing display once again.