When is New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks taking place? Tuesday 26th November, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks taking place? Honda Center, Anaheim
What channel is New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Islanders 3 – 0 Anaheim Ducks
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK ISLANDERS
- The Islanders have been one of the best teams in the NHL this season, and the fact that they sit in third place of the Eastern Conference with 34 points in 21 games backs that up. They are coming off a 2-1 overtime loss against the San Jose Sharks but they have still gone W1, WO3, L1 over their last five regular season games.
- The Islanders are relatively healthy ahead of this contest with their lone absentee looking like right winger Tom Kuhnhackl, who has been listed as out with a lower body injury.
- Mathew Barzal has been the Isles’ best player this season. He is the team’s main scoring threat and leads the franchise in goals (nine) and points (20) while being tied with Brock Nelson for assists (11).
- The Ducks are on a poor run of form in recent days and are coming off a 6-2 thrashing at the hands of the Tampa Bay Lightning, which extended their losing run to three games. That’s one of the big reasons why they sit in 13th place of the Western Conference with 23 points after 24 games.
- Anaheim will have three absentees ahead of this contest. Veteran forwards Patrick Eaves and Ryan Kesler have both been ruled out until January 2020, while defenceman John Manson won’t be eligible to return until December this year.
- One player to watch for Anaheim here should be Jakob Silfverberg. The talented right winger currently leads the Ducks in both goals (nine), assists (nine) and points (18) during the current 2019-20 season.
The recent form should be quite telling for both sides here. The Islanders have been one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference in the early going and look like bonafide Stanley Cup contenders, while the Ducks are trending in the wrong direction and look quite poor on the defensive end of the ice and they currently average 3.12 goals allowed per game. Expect the Islanders to win here rather comfortably, partly because they own a strong attacking line that has averaged 3.23 goals scored per game this season.