Saudi Arabia vs Mexico – Group Stage – Preview & Prediction | 2022 FIFA World Cup
When is Saudi Arabia vs Mexico on and what time does it start? Saudi Arabia vs Mexico will take place on Wednesday 30th November, 2022 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Saudi Arabia vs Mexico taking place? Saudi Arabia vs Mexico will take place at Lusail Iconic Stadium in Lusail, Qatar
Where can I get tickets for Saudi Arabia vs Mexico? Visit this link for the latest ticket information for SAUDI ARABIA vs MEXICO
What channel is Saudi Arabia vs Mexico on in the UK? Saudi Arabia vs Mexico will be televised live on BBC
Where can I stream Saudi Arabia vs Mexico in the UK? Saudi Arabia vs Mexico can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website & app
- Saudi Arabia couldn’t back up their incredible victory over Argentina as they were beaten by Poland last time out, but with three points to their name are still well in the mix for knockout qualification.
- A win here against Mexico will guarantee their place in the round of 16, as would a draw, provided that Poland beat Argentina.
- Mexico will have the toughest job to qualify from Group C following their 2-0 defeat against Argentina, which saw their stout resistance broken by the brilliant Lionel Messi in the second half.
- Only victory against Saudi Arabia gives them any hope of knockout qualification, so they will need to improve going forward, with them yet to score across the tournament so far.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (5-4-1): Al Owais; Abdulhamid, Al Tambakti, Al-Amri, Al Bulaihi, Al-Breik; Al-Buraikan, Al-Faraj, Kanno, Al-Dawsari; Al-Shehri
UNAVAILABLE: Al-Malki (Suspended), Al-Shahrani (Injured)
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Ochoa; Sanchez, Montes, Moreno, Gallardo; Herrera, Alvarez, Chavez; Lozano, Jimenez, Vega
UNAVAILABLE: Guardado (Injured)
THE KEY STATS
- This is Saudi Arabia’s first FIFA World Cup match against a Concacaf team
- Saudi Arabia have drawn their last three international matches against Concacaf nations
- Saudi Arabia qualified for the knockout phase on their FIFA World Cup debut in 1994, but have not made it through in their four subsequent attempts prior to 2022
- Saudi Arabia have failed to score in ten of their last 14 World Cup matches
- Saudi Arabia have not kept a clean sheet in their last 15 World Cup matches
- Mexico have won each of their previous four World Cup matches against teams from Asia
- Mexico have lost three of their last four World Cup matches (D1)
- Mexico have qualified from their group in each of the last seven editions of the FIFA World Cup (1994-2018), only Brazil have achieved the same feat
- Mexico have not scored a goal in their last four World Cup matches. This is their longest run of successive matches without finding the net in the history of the competition
- Against Argentina, Mexico became the third team in FIFA World Cup history after Brazil and Germany to concede 100 goals
This is likely to prove a cagey affair with neither team wanting to give anything anyway initially, that could leave them on the back foot, chasing the game. However, with both sides desperate to win, they may have to sacrifice defensively stability at some point in order to try and gain the three points, which should open up this encounter and lead to chances at either end of the pitch. With that in mind, backing both teams to score looks a shrewd play regardless of who ultimately comes out on top.
TIP: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE