2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Sunday 1st December, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Hurstville Oval, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? 22c in mostly sunny skies
What television channel is Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers Women beat Sydney Sixers Women by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
SYDNEY SIXERS WOMEN
- Sydney Sixers are now in real danger of missing out on the semi-finals of the Women’s Big Bash League for the first time after they suffered a fifth successive defeat and they now have to win this last game to stand a chance of progressing.
- The Sixers were once again without captain Ellyse Perry against Adelaide Strikers after she failed to prove her fitness following a shoulder injury and her absence has been the catalyst for this terrible run of form.
- Stand-in skipper Alyssa Healy fell for a duck as she opened the batting and that set the tone as the Sixers stuttered to just 93/9 which the Strikers had little trouble in chasing down with eight wickets in hand and 29 balls remaining.
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers finally ended their wait for a maiden victory over Sydney Sixers as they took full advantage of the Sixers’ poor form by securing a huge victory over them last night and will advance to the semi-finals at the top of the ladder if they back that up in this game.
- The Strikers moved two points clear of Brisbane Heat with the win over the Sixers but more importantly, they secured a top-two berth regardless of the outcome of this final match as they face the Sixers for the second time in quick succession.
- Megan Schutt and Sarah Coyte were devastating with the ball as they combined for five wickets whilst only conceding 21 runs between them from their eight overs and after reducing the Sixers to just 93/9, Sophie Devine continued her fine form with an unbeaten 46 to pick up the win.
Sydney Sixers were unable to overturn their awful run of form against an Adelaide Strikers side that they had never lost to before their encounter yesterday. The Strikers proved far too good and placed the Sixers’ chances of making a fifth straight semi-final very much in the balance. The Sixers must win this and hope Melbourne Renegades are beaten in their final game but with the Strikers winning their last six as well as breaking their duck against the Sixers, the Adelaide side should come out on top once again.