2021 Pakistan Super League – Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars Preview & Prediction
When is Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars taking place? Sunday 13th June, 2021 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars taking place? Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars? No tickets are available as this match will take place without spectators
What channel is Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United bounced back brilliantly from defeat over Lahore Qalandars, by thrashing rock bottom Quetta Gladiators by ten wickets, their fourth victory of this year’s Pakistan Super League.
- They chased down their target of 134 in exactly ten overs with their openers outstanding with Usman Khawaja scoring 40 not out and Colin Munroe smashing an unbeaten 90 from just 36 balls.
- The bowling of Islamabad is extremely well stocked with all five bowlers utilised against Quetta picking up at least one wicket, which bodes well for them going forward.
- Table toppers Lahore Qalandars have won both their matches since the resumption of the Pakistan Super League, with one of those victories against Islamabad United, their opponents again here.
- Lahore’s most recent triumph came vs Peshawar Zalmi after they successfully defended a score of 170/8, winning by ten runs with Tim David’s unbeaten 64 from 36 balls a highlight with the bat.
- Once again however, it was spin-bowler Rashid Khan that made the difference with the overseas superstar recording his first five-wicket haul in T20 cricket with figures of 5/20 from his four overs.
It has been a dream restart to the Pakistan Super League for Lahore Qalandars and they show no signs of slowing down anytime soon. The services of Rashid with the ball is a genuine gamechanger in every match they play, as the spin-bowling genius either dramatically slows the run-rate of the opposition or takes regular wickets. The key in this match will be how fast Lahore Qalandars can dismiss the opening batters of Islamabad United. If they can do so relatively early on as they did in their last match against each other, then the outcome in this contest should be the same with the Qalandars picking up the win.