When is New Zealand vs India taking place? Thursday 20th February, 2020 – 22:30 (UK)
Where is New Zealand vs India taking place? Basin Reserve, Wellington
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs India? Temperatures will range from 19-22c in generally cloudy skies but there is a decent chance of rain throughout the Test
What channel is New Zealand vs India on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream New Zealand vs India? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand vs India? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India beat New Zealand by 321 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- New Zealand produced some strong performances to whitewash India in the ODI series and they will look to build on that as they turn their focus to a two-match Test series that will wrap up India’s tour.
- The Blackcaps have named a 13-man squad boosted by the return of one of their stars in paceman Trent Boult who is included after overcoming a hand injury which forced him to sit out the white ball matches, whilst Matt Henry could also be handed a chance after he was called into the squad as cover for Neil Wagner who is awaiting the birth of his child.
- Kyle Jamieson was handed an ODI debut in Boult’s absence and performed well enough to be handed an opportunity in the Test squad for the first time, and there is also a place for spinner Ajaz Patel but Mitchell Santner drops out following a poor showing against Australia in New Zealand’s last Test series.
- India could not follow-up their impressive whitewash in the T20 series in which they claimed a 5-0 win over New Zealand as they fell to a 3-0 loss in the ODI series and they will be keen to respond as they end the tour with two Test matches.
- Ishant Sharma was not expected to play any role in this tour having suffered an ankle injury last month but he has managed to recover sooner than anticipated and has flown out to join the squad ahead of the first Test with the right-armer appearing to be available for selection after coming through a session in the nets without any issues.
- India have a decision to make regarding who keeps wicket with Rishabh Pant pushing for a place in the side but Wriddhiman Saha is the man expected to get the nod in this first Test at the very least.
New Zealand and India were each able to take a share of the spoils in the various white ball formats of the game and will now turn their focus to Test match cricket. India will end their tour with this two-match series with a lot to prove after a poor showing in the ODI series but should be boosted by the return of Ishant Sharma who will be available for the first time on this tour. The hosts are able to call upon Trent Boult to improve their bowling attack and with momentum behind them, the Blackcaps can edge this first match.