When is West Indies vs South Africa taking place? Sunday 27th June, 2021 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is West Indies vs South Africa taking place? National Cricket Stadium, St. George’s
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs South Africa? 31c in mainly sunny skies
What channel is West Indies vs South Africa on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport in the UK
Where can I stream West Indies vs South Africa? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website and app
West Indies beat South Africa by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- West Indies produced a dominant display in the opening T20 match of the series with South Africa as the hosts ran out eight-wicket winners with their efforts with the bat standing out in the big victory.
- A solid display with the ball, led by Fabian Allen who finished with figures of 2-18, left the Windies needing 161 to win but that never looked in doubt after an opening partnership of 85 between Andre Fletcher and the impressive Evin Lewis.
- Lewis was eventually out for a brilliant 71 run effort off just 35 balls and he was the catalyst behind his side chasing down their target with five overs to spare which has set a superb platform for the hosts to build on in this five-match series.
- South Africa’s poor T20 form continued as they were blown away by the West Indies in their opening clash of the series and if they do not improve quickly, they could find themselves needing to win the final three matches in succession.
- Rassie van der Dussen was the stand out batsman for the Proteas with an unbeaten knock of 56 from 38 balls as he helped his side to a respectable total of 160/6, although that proved to be nowhere near enough.
- The bowling unit could not handle the power of the hosts as they struggled to make inroads and managed just two wickets in response with the Windies easily reaching their target, toying with the South Africa pacemen.
South Africa went into the opening game hoping that their impressive
bowling line-up could account for the dangerous West Indies top order
but that proved to be anything but the case and that will be a big
concern ahead of this short turnaround. The two teams will do battle for
the second time, just 24 hours after their previous contest and the
Windies will be full of confidence after a devastating display with the
bat in the opening game. They took apart the Proteas’ bowling attack and
had plenty in hand as they comfortably chased down 161 for the victory.
It will take a mammoth response from the tourists but West Indies look a
class above with the bat and they can make it two wins in a row.