Ireland vs Netherlands – ICC T20 World Cup Qualifying Semi-final Preview & Prediction
When is Ireland vs Netherlands taking place? Friday, November 1st (10:10 UK time)
Where is Ireland vs Netherlands taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Ireland vs Netherlands? 35c and sunshine all day
What channel is Ireland vs Netherlands on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Ireland vs Netherlands? This match can be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Ireland vs Netherlands? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly at the stadium
Ireland beat Netherlands by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ireland battled their way to top spot in Group B of the 2020 T20 World Cup qualifying tournament but they had to rely on their superior net run rate after finishing level on points with Oman and UAE, so they can now relax after qualifying for the World Cup next year.
- There have been question marks over their form so far as the defeats to UAE and Canada were both unexpected but they were able to build some confidence with comprehensive wins over Jersey and Nigeria in their last two matches with their bowlers in good form.
- They will also take heart from the fact that they beat the Dutch in a recent tournament in Oman but they will have to raise their game if they are to win here and reach the final as their performance levels have not been great especially when star man Paul Stirling has not produced the goods.
- Netherlands qualified for the 2020 T20 World Cup by hammering UAE in the first qualifying play-off as they restricted their opponents to just 80/9 from their 20 overs before knocking them off comfortably with 29 balls to spare and the loss of just two wickets.
- Reaching the World Cup proved harder than expected for the Dutch as despite possessing quality performers like Ackermann, Ten Doeschate, Van der Merwe and Van Meekeren, they made hard work of reaching this stage but they will now aim to win the tournament.
- The batting still has some room for improvement but it has been their bowling attack that has really stood out with Van Meekeren in excellent form, while it was Brandon Glover who was star of the show last time out with his four wickets, and they will look to make inroads into this strong Irish batting line-up.
These two sides can both now relax after securing their places in the 2020 T20 World Cup but they will be eager to kick on and win this tournament now. Ireland’s performances have been a little underwhelming so far and their struggles are highlighted by their defeats to Canada and UAE – the latter being the team that the Netherlands hammered in the first qualifying play-off. The Dutch appear to have been playing at a higher level in the tournament so far and with form and the edge in overall quality on their side, they can beat Ireland and reach the final.