Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents Preview & Prediction
When is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Saturday 12th October, 2019 – 22:00 (UK)
Where is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba
What is the expected weather for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents? 30c and sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Guyana Amazon Warriors beat Barbados Tridents by 30 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors come into this CPL 2019 final determined to make amends after finishing as runners-up last season, the fourth time in six editions that they have finished second, and they will be desperate to win their first ever CPL crown here.
- Having won every single match in the tournament so far, the Amazon Warriors will be super confident coming into this match against a Tridents team that they have beaten three times already in the tournament, and they will look to make it a fourth in Tarouba.
- The key to the Amazon Warriors success has been having one of the most settled teams in the tournament as they have seven ever-presents who have played every game and they will likely name the same side that beat the Tridents by 30 runs last time out in the first qualifier.
- Barbados Tridents qualified for the final on Thursday night by beating the defending champions Trinbago Knight Riders by 12 runs and they are now faced with the seemingly impossible task of inflicting the first defeat of the campaign on the seemingly unbeatable Amazon Warriors at the 12th attempt of asking.
- The Tridents bowling unit produced the goods in the second qualifier as they managed to defend 160/6 with Ashley Nurse leading the way with 2/14 from his four overs, but Gurney, Walsh, Holder and Reifer all played their part in defending the total and they will have to be at their best against the Amazon Warriors after the same attack was hit for 218 last time they met in the first qualifier.
- They did suffer a blow however as JP Duminy was forced to retire hurt while batting and the South African is a major doubt for the final so Greaves and Boucher are both on standby to step into the side if he does miss out, with the local duo both having already hit fifties in this CPL campaign.
Guyana Amazon Warriors come into this CPL 2019 final on the verge of making history having won all 11 matches to reach this stage. The four-time runners-up have yet to win any of the six CPL editions but they will never have a better chance than this due to their sensational form and the fact they have beaten the Tridents three times already this season. They have enjoyed a settled team throughout the tournament and their superb batting prowess has been key in the tournament and in the three wins over the Tridents. While the Barbados outfit have the players to win this, they will have to find another level if they are to beat the Amazon Warriors here, and the Guyana side have to be favoured to win their first trophy.