2019 MLB – Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees Preview & Prediction
When is Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees taking place? Saturday October 5th, 2019 – 00:07 (UK)
Where is Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees taking place? Yankee Stadium
What is the expected weather for Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees? Clear, 13c
What television channel is Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Twins 7 – 10 New York Yankees
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Twins were one of the best teams in the American League this season and aside from being one of three franchises that ended with 100+ wins, they ran away with the AL Central title. One of their biggest strengths was their play on the road, as they went 55-26 away from home this season. Plus, they ended the campaign on a strong note with a 8-2 record in their last 10 games.
- Max Kepler, Marwin Gonzalez, Ehire Adrianza and Luis Arraez are all questionable ahead of this game, but there are good chances of playing for Kepler and Gonzalez, based on recent reports. Nelson Cruz will be Minnesota’s player to watch ahead of this game – the veteran Designated Hitter went yard 41 times in 2019, while posting a 1.031 OPS that ranked second in the American League.
- The Twins have not announced their rotation ahead of the ALDS, so there is no question regarding who will be their starter for Game 1. Jose Berrios, who went 14-8 with a 3.68 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP in the regular season, is expected to get the nod ahead of official confirmation.
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees won the AL East title with ease (103-59) and their biggest strength was their play at home, as they ended the regular season with the second-best home record in the American League (57-24). They ended the year on a sub-par note, however, going 4-6 in their last 10 contests.
- C.C. Sabathia, Edwin Encarnacion, Gio Urshela and James Paxton have all been listed as questionable ahead of Game 1 of the series, Encarnacion seems to be the most complicated player to make an ALDS appearance out of these four. Gleyber Torres is the man to watch for the Yankees, as he finished the regular season with 38 home runs, 90 RBI, and a .278 batting average.
- The Yankees have not announced their rotation for the ALDS, so there are no news regarding the potential starter for Game 1 of the series. James Paxton (15-6, 3.82 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) and Luis Severino (1-1, 1.50 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) are vying to get the nod, although manager Aaron Boone hasn’t made an official announcement on who will start.
This might be one of the toughest games to predict ahead of the American League Divisional Series, as the Yankees thrived at home while the Twins excelled on the road. Minnesota ended the regular season on a stronger note as well, and they could very well have the edge ahead of this game. But this will also be decided based on which pitchers get the starting nod – at least on paper, Minnesota have the edge with Berrios potentially on the mound.