Napoli vs Sporting Braga Preview & Prediction | 2023-24 UEFA Champions League | Group Stage
When is Napoli vs Sporting Braga on and what time does it start? Napoli vs Sporting Braga will take place on Tuesday 12th December, 2023 – 20:00 (UK)
Where can I get tickets for Napoli vs Sporting Braga? Visit each club’s official website for the latest ticket information
What channel is Napoli vs Sporting Braga on in the UK? Napoli vs Sporting Braga will be televised live on TNT Sports in the UK
Where can I stream Napoli vs Sporting Braga in the UK? Napoli vs Sporting Braga can be streamed live on the discovery+
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Meret; Di Lorenzo, Rrahmani, Jesus, Natan; Anguissa, Lobotka, Elmas; Politano, Osimhen, Kvaratskhelia
UNAVAILABLE: Cajuste (Injured), Olivera (Injured)
QUESTIONABLE: Rui (Injured)
PREDICTED XI (4-2-3-1): Matheus; Gomez, Saatci, Fonte, Borja; Carvalho, Moutinho; Djalo, Bruma, R. Horta; Banza
UNAVAILABLE: Niakate (Suspended)
THE KEY STATS
- Napoli have lost only two of their previous 13 UEFA club competition matches against Portuguese teams (W7 D4).
- Napoli have won their previous three Champions League matches against Portuguese teams.
- Napoli have lost only one of their last 15 Champions League matches at home (W9 D5).
- Napoli have not failed to score in their last 18 Champions League matches at home.
- Braga are without a win in their last eight UEFA club competition matches against Italian opposition (D2 L6).
- Braga have won only one of their last nine Champions League group stage matches (D1 L7).
For Napoli, the equation is simple. Avoid defeat and they will go through to the Champions League round of 16, despite a campaign that has seen them win just two of their five group games so far. They come into this match on the back of a three-game losing streak in all competitions, which underlines the opportunity Sporting Braga have to cause an upset. Key for the visitors will be to start well and quieten the home crowd at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona. No doubt Braga are more than capable of finding the net at least once in Naples, as they have done in four of their five group stage fixtures so far, but their requirement to win may see them leaves holes at the other end of the pitch for Napoli to exploit, so backing both teams to score may prove the smart play here.
TIP: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE