Canada vs Morocco – Group Stage – Preview & Prediction | 2022 FIFA World Cup
When is Canada vs Morocco on and what time does it start? Canada vs Morocco will take place on Thursday 1st December, 2022 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Canada vs Morocco taking place? Canada vs Morocco will take place at Al Thumama Stadium in Doha, Qatar
Where can I get tickets for Canada vs Morocco? Visit this link for the latest ticket information for Canada vs Morocco
What channel is Canada vs Morocco on in the UK? Canada vs Morocco will be televised live on BBC
Where can I stream Canada vs Morocco in the UK? Canada vs Morocco can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website & app
- Canada took an early lead in their clash with Croatia but they were unable to kick on as they succumbed to a 4-1 loss which ended their participation in the tournament, although there were positives to take once again.
- Alphonso Davies’ effort in the opening minutes was the first goal that Canada have ever scored at a FIFA World Cup and despite being eliminated, they have shown plenty of quality going forward and will look to pose Morocco some problems here.
- Morocco produced a superb display as they stunned Belgium to put themselves into an excellent position in Group F and they only require a point from this contest to secure their berth in the Round of 16.
- The Moroccans were the better team throughout and deservedly came out on top, despite being forced into changing their goalkeeper before kick-off with Yassine Bounou feeling unwell but he could come back into the starting XI here.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (3-4-2-1): Borjan; Johnston, Vitoria, Miller; Laryea, Kone, Eustaquio, Davies; Buchanan, Hoilett; David
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Bounou; Hakimi, Aguerd, Saiss, Mazraoui; Ounahi, Amrabat, Amallah; Ziyech, En-Nesyri, Boufal
QUESTIONABLE: Yassine Bounou (Illness)
THE KEY STATS
- This is Canada’s sixth FIFA World Cup match and the first against a non-European team
- Canada have lost each of their previous five FIFA World Cup matches
- Canada have won only one of their last six international matches against African nations (D2 L3). Their most recent meeting against an African nation was their 4-0 defeat against Morocco in 2016
- Alphonso Davies’ goal in the 2nd minute against Croatia was Canada’s first ever goal in FIFA World Cup history
- Morocco are unbeaten in the previous three international matches between these two nations (W2 D1)
- Morocco have won 11 of their previous 13 international matches against Concacaf nations (D1 L1)
- This is Morocco’s first World Cup match against a Concacaf nation
- Morocco are unbeaten in their last three World Cup matches (W1 D2). Their longest unbeaten run at the finals in four matches (1970-1986)
- Morocco are aiming to win two successive World Cup matches for the first time
- Morocco are aiming to qualify from their group in a World Cup final competition for the second time. They previously did so in 1986, winning one and drawing two of their three matches on that occasion
- Morocco have not conceded a goal in their last six international matches
Canada once again gave a decent account of themselves despite the scoreline suggesting otherwise in their loss to Croatia last time out. The Croatians proved to be too classy in that contest but Canada have not been shown up by any means in this tournament and will now look to bow out on a high. They take on a Morocco side that have claimed four points from a possible six so far and will advance with another positive result here. They are yet to concede and have in fact kept six clean sheets in succession in all competitions with that defensive solidity likely to help them achieve their goal. Canada will be game but the Moroccans should be able to condemn them to another loss.
TIP: MOROCCO TO WIN